• Chat

What does it mean when you turn off chat in facebook

images what does it mean when you turn off chat in facebook

How to turn off autoplay Videos on Facebook - Duration: If you're turning on chat for a few people instead, just enter the names of the people for whom you wish to appear online. A pop-up menu will appear. It will turn green or blue, depending on your device. If you aren't already signed into Facebook, enter your email address or phone number and password before continuing.

• How to Appear Offline to Some People on Facebook 12 Steps
  • How To Hide Online Status On Facebook Chat From Unwanted Friends
  • Facebook for Android How to Turn Facebook Chat On or Off

• Under options on IM.

there is an option, "turn off IM for "as specific person". (So you are not turning chat off for everyone, just for a select person).

- What. Can they still see if you read their messages? Chat & Messages Pls tell me i have turned off chatting on my lap top for fb friends will the same be also when i.

How to Appear Offline to Some People on Facebook 12 Steps

Yes. When you turn off your Active Status, messages will still go to your inbox for you to read later.

Video: What does it mean when you turn off chat in facebook How to turn off chat in Facebook messenger android app

If you use the Messenger app, you'll also receive messages in.
    Repeat this process with each person from whom you wish to hide.

But sometimes you just want to get on with your work and not be distracted. Rating is available when the video has been rented.

How To Hide Online Status On Facebook Chat From Unwanted Friends

This video is unavailable. This option allows you to select specific friends to whom you'll appear offline.

IM CHATEAU VARTELY SRL
    But sometimes you just want to get on with your work and not be distracted.

Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.

Autoplay When autoplay is enabled, a suggested video will automatically play next. Doing so invokes a pop-up menu. I'm going to say turn off for all contacts and as it says when it's off you can still go and check your inbox which should be in your message icon up herecheck that for any messages later on when you've got time to have a look.

If you aren't already signed into Facebook Messenger, enter your phone number and password before continuing.

It didn't show you as active now.

Facebook for Android How to Turn Facebook Chat On or Off

And your last active will be shown as when you have turned off. You may scroll see,comment,like and share,but your last active. Follow this guide to appear inactive in the Facebook Messenger app Did you know Messenger allows you to turn off chat so that you won't.

Using Facebook's desktop website, you can select to turn off Facebook chat for specific To do so, type in a friend's name, then click their name when it appears .
    By continuing to use our site, you agree to our cookie policy. Souhail Tubeviews. Fahed Zaman 2, views. How to hide your online status on Facebook To hide your online status on Facebook from some particular friends, open Facebook in a web browser and click on the chat bar from the bottom right corner.

Don't like this video?

What does it mean when you turn off chat in facebook
    Kevin Davidviews. Select friends from whom to hide. So basically it's just stopping you having to respond right now, in the moment and people expecting you because you are online to be available.

I only have Messenger, how can I hide the "Active Now" status? If you want to be productive turn it off from time to time. To do so, type in a friend's name, then click their name when it appears below the text field.

5 comments

• Grot

Tips You can go offline entirely in Facebook Messenger by opening the People tab, tapping the Active tab, and sliding the switch next to your own name to the left.

• Zulkisar

OK so that's it, very simple take control of it don't allow yourself to be distracted. By continuing to use our site, you agree to our cookie policy.

• Gukree

For mobile, setting your Active status to "Off" in Facebook Messenger causes you to appear offline to everyone, so to appear offline to specific people it's recommended to temporarily block specific friends that you want to appear offline to. If you only want to appear online to a few people, click the "Turn off chat for all contacts except" circle.

• Mezijas

You will still be able to receive messages and notifications from these contacts, but they won't see you in their "Active Now" chat bar.